Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Rest

I wrote this June 11.  It's a little outdated, but I wanted to include it in my life narrative.


For months, I would write in my journal things like:

“I have so many blessings.  But all I really want is a nap.”

“When we get to heaven is it just going to be more work?  Is this what I have to look forward to forever?”

I started studying passages of scripture that talk about the rest of the Lord, and entering into His rest.  I felt like the Lord recognizes that this life is difficult and requires a lot of hard work, and He offers the ultimate prize for the weary: REST.

Well now that school is over, I wake up when I want to, and every morning as my brain “puts on my life” again, I smile.  I don’t have anywhere to be.  I can spend all day in my house with my children.  I have housework to do (I am moving in a week, after all), but I don’t have to do anything for anyone else.

I have a lovely wooden plaque on my wall thanking me for my service to my school community, and now I can rest.  And it feels so good.

No comments: